Sold Subject to Contract
Pendembu, Church Street, Holloway, Matlock, DE4 5AY
Offers in excess of
House - detached
- Reception hallway
- Guest cloakroom / shower room
- Study / bedroom four with fireplace
- Handmade feature dining kitchen with French doors leading onto large balcony with superb far reaching views
- Utility room
- Sitting room with views and feature fireplace
- Three bedrooms
- Landscaped garden with two patio areas
About the property
Superbly well presented and proportioned three / four bedroomed detached property enjoying popular village location with superb views to rear
- This sale offers a rare opportunity to acquire this exceptionally well presented and proportioned three / four bedroomed detached property enjoying a popular village location with superb far reaching views to rear.
The property is sold with the benefit of gas fired central heating, sealed unit double glazing and viewing should be truly recommended in order to fully appreciate the property. Internally the property briefly comprises of a reception hallway, guest cloakroom / shower room, study / bedroom four with fireplace, well proportioned sitting room with fireplace and picture window, feature handmade dining kitchen by Pre-Eminence of Matlock having French doors leading onto a large balcony. Furthermore there is a utility room which also provides a side entrance.
To the lower ground floor are three bedrooms and a well appointed family bathroom. Additionally through bedroom there is a conservatory which offers a second reception room space and also leads onto a patio area which has power and lighting, currently used to accommodation a hot tub. There is a second paved patio area, lawned garden with summer house and a breakfast patio with gazebo having views. To the front of the property is a driveway which provides ample off street parking and access to the garage which benefits from having an adjacent garden store.
- Within the village of Holloway there is a noted village school, post office / village store and renowned butcher. There is a Village Hall within the village and the Jug & Glass Public House. Historical Note - Lea Hurst, Holloway is an early Victorian house, standing amidst the lovely scenery of North Derbyshire, most famous as the childhood home of Florence Nightingale. Although she was named after the city of her birth, Florence spent much of her childhood in the Derbyshire mansion and it was used by the Nightingales as their summer residence.
The nearby village of Crich has a good range of local amenities including post office, village store, doctors' surgery, hairdressers, village inn and primary school. The location is highly convenient for other surrounding centres including Belper (six miles to the south), Matlock (eight miles to the north), Nottingham (sixteen miles to the east, Derby (twelve miles to the south) and Junction 28 of the M1 Motorway (thirteen miles) which provides fast access to other nearby regional centres and the main motorway network.
- Composite panelled and opaque double glazed entrance door, with side screen windows, provides access to:
2.32m x 2.46m (7'7" x 8'1")
Having staircase off to lower ground floor with handrail, balusters and post. Two sealed unit double glazed Velux roof light windows. Two panelled doors which provide access to the guest cloakroom / shower room and provides access to study / bedroom four. In turn the hallway extends into a galleried landing area having two further panelled doors which provide access to the sitting room and large dining kitchen respectively.
Study / Bedroom Four
3.47m x 3.07m (11'5" x 10'1")
Having a feature fossiled Mandale stone fire surround with matching raised hearth and red brick back. Telephone jack point. Central heating radiator. Engineered oak floor covering. Sealed unit double glazed window in upvc fame to side overlooking the gazebo.
Guest Cloakroom / Shower Room
2.64m x 0.89m (8'8" x 2'11")
Being part tiled and having a white suite comprising vanity wash hand basin with chromed mixer tap, boxed low level WC and tiled shower cubicle with chrome dual jet shower. Spot lights / extractor fan. Ceramic tiled floor covering. Chromed ladder style heated towel rail. Sealed unit double glazed opaque window in upvc frame to side.
Feature Dining Kitchen
6.58m x 3.34m (21'7" x 10'11")
Having a handmade Pre-Eminence kitchen with a range of granite preparation surfaces with matching oak preparation surface with granite and oak upstands featuring range of panelled light painted base drawers and cupboards beneath. Complementary wall mounted cupboards with under lighting and a larder styled unit which features an integrated fridge with drawer above and drawers beneath. Inset recessed stainless steel sink unit with swan-necked chromed mixer tap over. Rangemaster feature cooker which incorporates six gas ring hob and double electric fan assisted oven beneath with drawer under. The cooker is featured within a Range style opening with panelled surround and integrated extractor fan. Integrated dishwasher. Additionally there is a separate panelled dresser styled unit with oak preparation surface. Two central heating radiators. Engineered oak floor covering. Panelled and opaque glazed door leads into the utility room. Sealed unit double glazed window in upvc frame with fitted shutter blinds. Furthermore there is a sealed unit double glazed patio door in upvc frame to rear with fitted full length shutters blind, providing access to the breakfast balcony and enjoying superb must be seen far reaching views. Large boxed arch leads into the sitting room.
1.88m x 2.29m (6'2" x 7'6")
Having an oak preparation surface with three appliance spaces beneath, one having plumbing suitable for an automatic washing machine, second ideal for a tumble dryer and a third suitable for a fridge or freezer if required. Central heating radiator. Wall mounted gas fired Worcester combination boiler which provides domestic hot water and services the central heating system (fitted 2016). Sealed unit double glazed opaque door in upvc frame to front. Two sealed unit double glazed windows in upvc frames, both having fitted shutter blinds, with a view towards surrounding countryside.
4.98m x 4.00m (16'4" x 13'1")
Having a feature fossiled Mandale stone fire surround with matching raised hearth and red brick back which incorporates a feature cast iron real flame gas stove. Low level central heating radiator. Satellite TV connection. Continuation of the engineered oak board floor covering. Boxed archway, leading through from the kitchen, featuring panelling and shelving with cupboards. Large sealed unit double glazed picture window to rear, with fitted shutter blinds, enjoying far reaching views.
Lower Ground Floor
2.37m x 2.30m (7'9" x 7'7")
Note the measurements include the staircase off to the ground floor having pine handrail, balusters and post. Useful storage area for a fitted or free standing PC furniture. Central heating radiator. Four panelled doors provide access to the bedrooms and bathroom respectively.
4.38m x 3.05m (14'4" x 10'0")
Having central heating radiator. Satellite TV connection. Large sealed unit double glazed window in upvc frame to rear, with shutter blinds, enjoying views towards surrounding countryside.
4.06m x 3.21m (13'4" x 10'6")
Having central heating radiator. Satellite TV connection. Sealed unit double glazed window in upvc frame to rear with shutter binds.
2.31m x 3.05m (7'7" x 10'0")
Having central heating radiator. Note this room has a sealed unit double glazed door in upvc frame leading to the:
3.93m x 2.96m (12'11" x 9'9")
Having central heating radiator. Power and lighting. A range of sealed unit double glazed windows in upvc frames to front, side and rear with matching French doors leading onto a patio. Glazed roof.
2.79m x 2.14m (9'2" x 7'0")
Being well appointed having a large vanity wash hand basin with chromed mixer tap and drawers beneath, low level WC and free standing contemporary styled bath with chromed mixer tap. Separate tiled shower cubicle with dual jet. Chromed ladder style heated towel rail. Amtico floor covering. Sealed unit double glazed opaque window with shutter blinds to side.
- To the front of the property is a block paved gated driveway which provides ample off street parking and access to:
4.90m x 2.62m (16'1" x 8'7")
Having power and lighting. Sealed unit double glazed window in upvc frame to rear. Panelled and opaque double glazed service door to side. Up and over door to front.
To the side of the garage is a most useful GARDEN STORE measuring 3.53m x 1.14m (11'7" x 3'9") with power and lighting and door to front and rear.
Also to the front is a paved patio area having feature gazebo and wrought iron balustrade enjoying a view towards surrounding countryside with stone steps leading to the lower garden to rear. In turn there is a stone paved patio area adjacent to the garage which provides access to the utility room door and has stone steps leading to a large paved patio area. This area leads onto a lawned garden incorporating flowering and herbaceous borders, ornamental pond and timber summer house. In turn there is a second paved patio area, which can be accessed off the conservatory, which has external power suitable for a hob tub (hot tub available by separate negotiation). External lighting. The garden is enclosed by a range of stone walling and close lapped timber fencing.
Council Tax Band
- Amber Valley Borough Council - Tax Band
- The approach from our Matlock Office is to proceed north along the A6, passing the Sainsbury's superstore and upon reaching the roundabout junction turn right for Matlock. Proceed through Matlock passing over the Crown Square roundabout into Causeway Lane (A615), continue along this road passing Matlock Town Football Club and Hall Leys Park. Proceed along Matlock Green and leave Matlock following this road until reaching the village of Tansley and thereafter take the turning right into Alders Lane. Proceed along Alders Lane, which becomes Carr Lane, taking the turning on the left as signposted for Holloway and Lea into Littlemoor Lane. Continue along this road and upon reaching the T-junction proceed straight ahead as signposted for Holloway into Church Street, proceed along this road passing the church and upon reaching the village, shortly before the Village Shop, the driveway for Pendembu is located on the right hand side.
- Strictly by appointment through Scargill Mann & Co - Matlock Office 01629 584591 (AT 21.07.2020)
You may download, store and use the material for your own personal use and research. You may not republish, retransmit, redistribute or otherwise make the material available to any party or make the same available on any website, online service or bulletin board of your own or of any other party or make the same available in hard copy or in any other media without the website owner's express prior written consent. The website owner's copyright must remain on all reproductions of material taken from this website.
Similar properties for sale
How much is your home worth?
Ready to make your first move? It all starts with your free valuation – get in touch with us today to request a valuation.
Looking for mortgage advice?
Scargill Mann & Co provides an individual and confidential service with regard to mortgages and general financial planning from each of our branches.