Sold Subject to Contract
Calder Cottage, Taghole Lane, Mugginton, Ashbourne, DE6 4PN
House - detached
- NO UPWARD CHAIN
- Views over surrounding countryside
- Conveniently located village - ideal for commuting
- Feature entrance / Conservatory
- Large hobby room
- Entrance hallway
- Wet room
- Kitchen diner / Second reception room
About the property
NO UPWARD CHAIN - This equestrian property sits on approximately 4 acres of land. It comprises 4 stables and a tack room, 3 paddocks, extensive gardens within its grounds and surrounding fields. There is a very large triple garage, an additional parking area, a pond, a rotunda and tree house for children. The property has two entrances with two staircases, 4 bedrooms and a 2-piece bathroom on the first floor as well as a sitting room with Inglenook fireplace, a dining room, a study, a hobby room, a conservatory, 2 kitchens, 2 shower rooms and a porch on the ground floor.
- This equestrian property sits on approximately 4 acres of land; it comprises 4 stables and a tack room, 3 paddocks, extensive gardens within its grounds and surrounding fields. There is a very large triple garage, an additional parking area, a pond, a rotunda and tree house for children. The property has two entrances with two staircases, 4 bedrooms and a 2-piece bathroom on the first floor as well as a sitting room with Inglenook fireplace, a dining room, a study, a hobby room, a conservatory, 2 kitchens, 2 shower rooms and a porch on the ground floor.
The property sits amongst the rolling hills of Derbyshire in a beautiful historic village of Mugginton with its medieval church featured in the Doomsday Book. It is part of an old hamlet and its sitting room and master bedroom above it date from the mid 17th Century.
- The village of Mugginton boasts a highly rated primary school and is within the catchment area of the noted Ecclesbourne Secondary School in Duffield. Mugginton is also home to a very popular pub, The Cock Inn. There is a golf club in the grounds of the nearby Kedleston Hall, one of the old grand houses of England and there is a further golf club at Chevin. The village of Duffield is approximately 4 miles away and has an excellent range of amenities including a selection of shops and a train service to Derby and onward to St Pancras, London (approximately 90 minutes). The famous market town of Ashbourne lies approximately 6 miles to the north west known as the gateway to Dovedale and the famous Peak District National Park.
- Double glazed framed porch providing access to:
3.09m x 2.35m (10'2" x 7'9")
Having ceramic tiled floor covering. Lighting. A range of sealed unit double glazed windows with second matching glazed door leading onto a paved patio area. Sealed unit double glazed roof. A panelled and glazed door leads into a studio room / bedroom and a panelled and double glazed opaque upvc door leads into the:
4.97m x 4.93m (16'4" x 16'2")
Having power and lighting. Electricity consumer unit. Range of built-in storage cupboards. Two electric heaters. Solid bamboo floor covering. Sealed unit double glazed window to side and a range of sealed unit double glazed windows to rear which overlook the driveway and adjoining fields included in the sale.
3.39m x 2.79m (11'1" x 9'2")
Note there are maximum measurements and the measurements include the staircase off to first floor with under stairs storage cupboard. Central heating radiator. Ceramic tiled floor covering. Panelled door provides access to a wet room and three further glazed doors provide access to the lounge, study and second reception room / kitchen diner respectively.
1.93m x 1.80m (6'4" x 5'11")
Having Travertine wall covering with matching tiled floor covering featuring a walk-in wet room style shower cubicle. Large wash hand basin with chromed waterfall style tap and low level WC. Central heating radiator. Sealed unit double glazed opaque window to side.
Kitchen Diner / Second Reception Room
6.17m x 2.91m extending to 4.03m (20'3" x 9'7" ex tending to 13'3")
Note the former measurement taken to the full depth of the sealed unit double glazed bay window to side. Central heating radiator. Second kitchen having a range of roll edged preparation surfaces with drawers and cupboards beneath. Complementary cupboard over. Breakfast bar area and inset stainless steel sink unit with chromed mixer tap. Electric cooker with four ring hob, two ovens and a grill beneath. Automatic washing machine and fridge / freezer. Floor mounted Worcester oil fired boiler. Solid oak floor covering. Electricity consumer unit. Ceiling spot lights. Sealed unit double glazed window to side.
3.10m x 1.93m (10'2" x 6'4")
Having a solid oak floor covering. Central heating radiator. A range of book shelves. Sealed unit double glazed window to front.
4.06m x 3.13m (13'4" x 10'3")
Note the former measurement being taken into the recess adjacent to the chimney breast which features a cast iron wood burning stove with tiled hearth and exposed timber lintel. Feature beamed ceiling. Slate tiled floor covering. Sealed unit double glazed bay window to side. Glazed door provides access to:
4.13m x 1.92m (13'7" x 6'4")
Note the measurements include the staircase off to first floor having tiled floor covering. Telephone jack point. Central heating radiator. Two sealed unit double glazed windows. Panelled door provides access to a shower room and a further doorway leads into the kitchen / breakfast room.
2.22m x 1.08m (7'3" x 3'7")
Being fully tiled and having a suite comprising wash hand basin, low level WC and shower cubicle. Sealed unit opaque window to side.
Kitchen / Breakfast Room
2.83m x 3.39m (9'3" x 11'1")
Having a range of wooden blocked preparation surfaces incorporating an inset one and a half stainless steel sink unit with adjacent drainer, brushed aluminium mixer tap over and a range of base drawers and cupboards beneath. Complementary wall mounted cupboards over. Island unit featuring a breakfast bar area and having an inset four ring Induction hob. Electric fan assisted oven. Dishwasher and large fridge / freezer. Quarry tiled floor covering. Central heating radiator. Sealed unit double glazed window to side and a second picture double glazed window to rear which overlooks the garden, adjoining field and surrounding countryside. Glazed door provides access to:
2.26m x 1.46m (7'5" x 4'9")
Note the latter measurement being a maximum measurement having appliance space for plumbing suitable for an automatic washing machine with shelving over. Floor mounted oil fired boiler. Wooden panelled and glazed door provides access to:
2.32m x 1.73m (7'7" x 5'8")
Note the former and latter being maximum measurements having double panelled and glazed doors leading onto the garden. Two windows to side.
(From staircase accessed off the INNER HALLWAY) Having built-in storage cupboard with shelving. Sealed unit double glazed window to side. Trap door access to roof space. Three panelled doors provide access to bedroom one, bedroom two and a two piece wash room respectively.
4.14m x 4.00m (13'7" x 13'1")
Note the latter measurement being taken into the recess adjacent to the chimney breast. Central heating radiator. Built-in wardrobes with mirrored doors having hanging rails and shelves. Solid oak floor covering. Sealed unit double glazed window to side.
2.93m x 2.81m (9'7" x 9'3")
Having central heating radiator. Solid oak floor covering. Having dual aspect with sealed unit double glazed window to side and a further sealed unit double glazed window to rear.
Two Piece Wash Room
1.90m x 1.56m (6'3" x 5'1")
Having a feature vanity wash hand basin and low level WC. Built-in airing cupboard with slatted shelving and hot water cylinder. Sealed unit double glazed window to side.
(From staircase accessed off the ENTRANCE HALLWAY) with two panelled doors providing access to bedroom three and four respectively.
4.03m x 2.89m (13'3" x 9'6")
Note the former measurement being taken into the full depth of the room with fitted wardrobes with hanging rails and cupboard over. Central heating radiator. Solid oak floor covering. Sealed unit double glazed window to rear.
2.45m x 2.47m (8'0" x 8'1")
Having built-in wardrobe with hanging rail and shelves. Central heating radiator. Solid oak floor covering. Sealed unit double glazed window to side.
- The property is approached by a sweeping gravelled driveway which provides ample off street parking / storage and in turn access to the triple bay garage. This area gives way to a large lawned garden with paved patio area and ornamental pond having views over surrounding countryside and adjoining fields which are included in the sale which extends to approximately 4 acres with a total plot including the house and the garden extends to approximately 4.35 acres.
Triple Bay Garage
6.73m x 6.18m (22'1" x 20'3")
Having three electric roller doors to front.
Canopied Detached Four Bay Stable Block
With power, lighting and cold water tap.
STABLE ONE 3.61m x 3.44m (11'10" x 11'3")
STABLE TWO 3.43m x 3.48m (11'7" x 11'5")
STABLE THREE 3.52m x 3.50m (11'7" x 11'6")
STABLE FOUR 3.51m x 3.53m (11'6" x 11'7")
TACK ROOM 2.38m x 3.66m (7'10" x 12'0")
Council Tax Band
- Amber Valley Borough Council - Tax Band G
- The approach from Derby City Centre is to head north along the A6 following Kedleston Road. Proceed along Kedleston Road passing Derby University and Allestree thereafter bearing left before Quarndon following Kedleston Road, as signposted for Weston Underwood. Proceed through the village of Weston Underwood and upon reaching The Cock Inn Public House bear left into Church Lane as signposted for Mugginton. Proceed into the village of Mugginton bearing right into Taghole Lane and eventually the driveway for the property will be located on the right hand side, clearly denoted by our "for sale" board.
- Strictly by appointment through Scargill Mann & Co - Ashbourne Office 01335 345460 (AT 23.07.2020)
You may download, store and use the material for your own personal use and research. You may not republish, retransmit, redistribute or otherwise make the material available to any party or make the same available on any website, online service or bulletin board of your own or of any other party or make the same available in hard copy or in any other media without the website owner's express prior written consent. The website owner's copyright must remain on all reproductions of material taken from this website.
Similar properties for sale
How much is your home worth?
Ready to make your first move? It all starts with your free valuation – get in touch with us today to request a valuation.
Looking for mortgage advice?
Scargill Mann & Co provides an individual and confidential service with regard to mortgages and general financial planning from each of our branches.